Suspended ceilings, also known as false ceilings or drop ceilings, are a modern-day interior design marvel. It is an additional ceiling that covers the main ceiling of a property. It is known for multiple advantages, such as ventilation, improved acoustics and temperature control.
The Popularity of Suspended Ceilings:
As false ceilings are a feature of modern architecture, you can find them in both residential and commercial properties. Professional engineers follow a systematic step to install these ceilings. These steps can effectively complete the installation with minimal waste of time, money and effort.
The Steps of Installing a Suspended Ceiling on a Property:
The installation steps of suspended ceilings in Birmingham are easy and convenient. More about this is discussed in the following part of the blog.
- Grid Designing: This is the initial step of installation of suspended ceilings or false ceilings. The engineers take a look at the space and design the grid of the ceiling accordingly. After that, they will prepare a proper layout of the tile spacing for the ceiling and determine the approach to installing the ceiling.
- L-Channel Installation: This is a process that the professionals follow after deciding the drop that they want to go with. After that, they measure the room’s perimeter right from the floor and mark the location of the wall studs. This is generally done by using self-tapping drywall screws. After sticking the L-Channel on the wall, the engineers overlap the two pieces for the interior corners.
- T-Channel Installation: After installing the L-Channel, the task of the engineers is to connect the T-Channel. The main T-Channel should be placed in a space away from the wall. The L-Channel will support the T-Channel with the help of eyelets and wires.
- Align and Measure the Tiles: Once the T-Channel Installation is complete, the engineers go on with the design of the ceiling tiles. Cutting an angle on the wall can be beneficial, as it avoids interference with the wall and keeps it intact.
- Finishing Touches: The finishing touch is one of the important stages in the suspended ceiling installation. The engineers measure the finishing line according to the measurements of the tiles and the ceiling surfaces.
As you can see, the installation of suspended ceilings is very convenient. It would not harm your property’s original structure and give it a modern touch. For quality assistance, you can contact a quality service provider like Martins Fixings. Our team of experts can assist you in installing suspended ceilings in Birmingham.